1. When’s the last time you thanked God for something? And what did you thank Him for?
2. What’s 1 thing that you love and why?
I love Jesus because He literally saved me from myself. He saved me when I didn’t want to be saved, when I wanted nothing to do with Him. I can’t help but to tell people about Him because when you love someone you tell the whole world. Even God let the whole world know that He loves us when He sent Jesus to die on the cross for us. Most people have weddings and invite all their friends and family to share the occasion with them because they want people to know who they love. Even wedding rings let people know you’re married without you telling them.
Christians are the world’s light, not the sun, not the moon and not the stars. The sun, moon and stars give natural light, but they can’t help the spiritually blind see. Just like a wedding ring proclaims marriage without speaking, our good deeds and love for others proclaim Christ and display the light we have because of Him. How can we help anyone if our light is dim? A dim light doesn’t help blind eyes see.
- If God publicly proclaimed His love for us, we need to publicly proclaim our love for Him. (Matthew 10:32-33- “If anyone publicly acknowledges me as his friend, I will openly acknowledge him as my friend before my Father in heaven. But if anyone publicly denies me, I will openly deny him before my Father in heaven.)
- Don’t hide your light trying to fit in.
- We are set apart for a reason. (John 17:14- I have given them your commands. And the world hates them because they don’t fit in with it, just as I don’t.)
- Don’t feel bad when people don’t want to hear what you have to say about Jesus, they’re not rejecting you, they’re rejecting Him.
3. What are some different ways to spread the Gospel?
One way to spread the Gospel is by sharing our testimony with others, sharing our story on how we came to Christ. We never know how we can help a person just by telling them why we gave our life to Christ. (Revelation 12:11- They defeated him by the blood of the Lamb and by their testimony; for they did not love their lives but laid them down for Him.)
I was watching a spoken word one day and one thing that stood out to me that the speaker said was “Silent testimonies never saved anybody.” The ABC Plan Of Salvation is admit that you are a sinner, believe that Jesus died on the cross for you and confess your faith to others. Once you know the truth and have been set free you can’t just keep it to yourself.
( We did an activity and I had 2 people stand up and put their hands behind their back. I had a key in my hand and walk passed them. This is us every time the Holy Spirit leads us to tell someone about God and we don’t do it. We now have the keys to set others free and as God leads, we should tell everyone we can. People are in bondage and they need a Savior, they need Jesus. So many people came to see Jesus because they heard what He was doing for people. They wanted to be healed and set free too.)
When you tell people about God they’re either going to be like the crowd that told Jesus to leave them alone or the man who went to go tell others about Him.
Without being told, the women left and went to tell everyone in her village about Jesus. After hearing what she said they came to hear from Jesus for themselves.
Our job is to spread the Gospel. We can’t force people to accept Jesus, but we can tell them about Him. I was raised in a Christian household and my parents would always tell me about Jesus and I was always at church. That wasn’t enough though, I had to accept Jesus for myself. I couldn’t go to heaven with my parent’s salvation. Many people think that because their parents are pastors they’re fine, but that’s false. It’s a personal relationship, we have to know God for ourselves.
4. What did you get out of today’s lesson?